THE FIRST TEE DRIVE
IN YOUTH CENTERS: AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS
We believe our values extend beyond the golf course, which is why we launched a program to meet youth where they spend time.
The First Tee DRIVE is the perfect activity for young people because it Develops Rewarding, Inspiring Values for Everyone.
Specifically designed for youth-serving organizations, like the Y and the Boys & Girls Club, The First Tee DRIVE gives kids the chance to learn about golf and develop character through fun golf games.
HOW THE FIRST TEE DRIVE WORKS
We supply the curriculum, the equipment and the training for youth leaders to deliver the program. Much like our other programs, The First Tee DRIVE is designed to introduce kids to golf andThe First Tee Nine Core Values — honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment.
We wrote our lesson plans and activity guides with youth development professionals and volunteer leaders in mind. The First Tee DRIVE is a hole-in-one for any setting, class time, and class size.
Our lesson plans introduce youth to golf through activities that resemble sports they may already be familiar with, like baseball, football, bowling, and tennis. Instructors receive an activity guide that includes:
- 18 detailed activity plans
- Information section explaining teaching methods
- Safety and class management procedures
- Instructional cue cards
- Golf terms
OUR PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- Enable youth leaders to introduce golf using modified sports and games in ways that fit the ages and abilities of the young people in their care
- Engage young people in fun, safe activities that promote wellness and health-enhancing lifestyles
- Develop appreciation for the positive values associated with golf through each activity and extend those behaviors to other areas of their lives
COMPONENTS OF THE PROGRAM
The First Tee DRIVE gives youth development professionals and volunteer leaders the tools to get started. Our program is a hole-in-one for any setting, class time, and class size. We provide training, equipment and lesson plans.
“It’s more than just skill-building with The First Tee. You actually get to apply the skills that are taught. The First Tee takes these concepts and applies them through sports. It really doesn’t get much better than that for kids.”